SINCE THE NATION is in a fully involved heatwave and wildfires are blazing through Colorado, one of the things we’re going to do here at the ranch, rather than shoot off fire crackers, is bust open some Rocket Cracker party favors.
What you Need:
- 8 1/2-by-11-inch heavyweight paper, in Matte, $13 for 50 sheets; epson.com.
- Double-sided tape
- 8-by-5 1/2-inch pieces of white tissue paper
- White twine
- Hot-glue gun
- American Starlights Candy, by Gilliam; qcandy.com
Print the Rocket Crackers Clip Art onto heavyweight paper; cut out the shapes.
- Place the rectangular clip art blank side up. affix double-sided tape to 1 long edge. Fold a piece of tissue paper in half (so it measures 4 by 5 1/2 inches). Place the tissue fold at the bottom of the card stock, pressing it to the tape to secure.
- Roll the card stock and tissue into a tube, and secure with double-sided tape. Cinch the tissue at the bottom of the rocket, and tie it with twine.
- Roll fan-shaped clip art into a cone; secure with hot glue. Place candies inside rocket. Use hot glue to attach cone to body.
~From Martha Stewart Holidays